Jacob J. Payne
Florida State University, B.S. in Accounting, with high honors, 1998
University of Florida, Fisher School of Accounting, Masters of Accounting, 2002
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. with high honors, 2002
Mr. Payne's practice is concentrated in the area of commercial litigation, including contract litigation, business torts, title insurance disputes, real property litigation, bankruptcy, and federal litigation.
Prior to joining Rogers Towers, Mr. Payne served as a law clerk to United States Circuit Judge Susan H. Black of the United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, from 2005 to 2006. Previously, he had served as a law clerk to United States District Judge Wm. Terrell Hodges of the United States Middle District of Florida, from 2003 to 2005. During law school, Mr. Payne was an intern for the Justice Leander J. Shaw, Jr. (Ret.) of the Florida Supreme Court, and for United States Securities and Exchange Commission in Miami.
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” (Business Litigation), 2009-2012
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite Up & Comer,” 2010
- Graduated First in Class, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Florida Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Recipient, Book Awards in Civil Procedure, Corporate Taxation, Creditors' Remedies and Bankruptcy, Estates and Trusts, Evidence, Legal Drafting, Secured Transactions, and Securities Regulations.
- Member, Florida Bar Client Securities Fund
- Barrister, Chester Bedell Inn of Court
- First DCA Inn of Court (2010)