Janet C. Owens (Jacy)
University of Miami, B.A. in English, summa cum laude, 2006
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2012
Ms. Owens is a member of Rogers Towers' Litigation Department and concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial litigation, banking litigation, and civil trial practice.
During law school, Ms. Owens served as a Certified Legal Intern with the Bradford County State Attorney’s Office where she was able to try cases and conduct hearings under the supervision of an Assistant State Attorney. Prior to law school, she worked for the Florida Department of Corrections in the Probation and Parole Office in Putnam County, Florida.
- Florida Bar
- Managing Editor, Florida Law Review
- Member, Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Vice President, Law Association for Women
- Book Award in Criminal Procedure - Adversary Systems
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Author, A Progressive Response: Judicial Delegation of Authority to Federal Probation Officers, Note, 64 Fla. L. Rev. 817 (2012)