L. Javan Grant
Florida Southern College, BA., with honors, 2001
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., with honors, 2004
Advocacy Concentration Degree, 2004
Mr. Grant is a member of Rogers Towers’ Litigation Department where he concentrates on automobile litigation, trucking litigation, negligent security litigation, negligent hiring and retention litigation, products liability, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death litigation and commercial/business litigation. Mr. Grant also has substantial experience in representing landowners in real estate litigation, insurance coverage disputes and landlord/tenant litigation. Mr. Grant has trial and hearing experience in both State and Federal Courts.
Although only practicing since 2004, Mr. Grant has been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as a Legal Elite Up & Comer since 2007 and a Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2009. Mr. Grant was also recognized in 2012 by Jacksonville's Business Journal as being one of Jacksonville's Top 40 under 40 young professionals.
When not practicing law, Mr. Grant enjoys spending time with his wife and young daughter.
Prior to joining our firm, Mr. Grant was a Special Assistant to State Attorney Bernie McCabe of the Sixth Judicial Circuit in Pinellas County, Florida where he prosecuted numerous jury trial cases under the Florida Bar's Student Practice Rule.
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyer Section
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Jacksonville Business Journal, Top 40 Under 40, 2012
- Ferris Award for Excellence, Intercollegiate Mock Trial Competition
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite Up & Comer," 2007-2013
- Florida Trend Magazine, "Legal Elite," 2014
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” (Business Litigation), 2009-2014
- Ronald McDonald House Discovery Circle
- Associate Member, Chester Bedell Inn of Court, 2005 – 2006
- Member, The Order of Barristers
- Volunteer Coach, Youth YMCA Basketball League
- Past Member, Stetson University College of Law Mock Trial Competition Team
- Companies: Are You at Risk for Destroying Evidence?
- Employers: Have You Done a Background Check on Your Prospective Employees?
- Companies: What duty do you have to protect your customers from criminal attacks while on your property?