Scott J. Kennelly
University of Florida College of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2008
University of Florida, B.S. in Public Relations, summa cum laude, 2004
University of Florida, B.A. in Political Science, cum laude, 2004
Mr. Kennelly is a member of Rogers Towers’ Litigation Department and of the firm’s Banking and Financial Services Practice Group and Alcohol Industry Team. His practice is dedicated to representing business entities and individuals in complex litigation matters and other disputes in the areas of commercial litigation, business torts, real property, and civil trial practice.
As part of the Banking and Financial Services Practice Group, Mr. Kennelly focuses primarily on enforcement of creditor’s rights and defending lender liability actions, as well as representing investors in federal and state securities cases. He has particular experience serving on serving banking industry clients which have acquired failed institutions from the FDIC. The Alcohol Industry Team assists producers and retailers in the alcohol industry with such matters as obtaining and assigning liquor licenses, negotiating distribution contracts, and obtaining local government approval of production and sale.
Prior to joining Rogers Towers, Mr. Kennelly served as a law clerk to United States Circuit Judge Susan H. Black of the United States Eleventh Court of Appeals. During law school, Mr. Kennelly spent time as an intern with the United States Attorney’s Office in Jacksonville.
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star", 2012
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite Up & Comer", 2012
- Executive Notes & Comments Editor, Florida Law Review
- Recipient, Book Awards in Business Organizations and Constitutional Law
- Pro Bono Certificate, University of Florida College of Law
- Florida Blue Key
- Tau Epsilon Phi fraternity
- Mentor, Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce Get Smart! Program
- Elijah Craig Society, Whiskey Club