Healthcare is a highly regulated, complex and evolving industry. Operating a healthcare-related business requires experienced and highly competent legal counsel to help you navigate the laws and regulations that govern your operations and activities.
As the largest law firm based in Northeast Florida, Rogers Towers is uniquely positioned to represent healthcare clients across the full spectrum of legal issues that they may face.
By working collaboratively with other practice groups including our Business and Corporate, Employment Law, Litigation and Real Estate practice groups, we can ensure that our healthcare clients receive the specialized legal expertise required to meet all of their needs.
Regardless of your specific industry focus or needs, we have the expertise to creatively solve your legal problems. This includes expertise in:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Real estate transactions
- Coverage and reimbursement issues including Medicare and Medicaid
- Corporate and regulatory compliance
- Entity formation and structure
- Fraud and abuse
- Business disputes, personal injury and medical malpractice litigation
- Qui Tam and government investigations and enforcement actions
- Employment matters
- Administrative proceedings
- A variety of state and federal regulatory matters
Learn About Our Healthcare Practice Group and Clients
The Rogers Towers Healthcare Practice Group represents diverse organizations and individual practitioners in the healthcare field and they include
- Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and academic medical centers
- Individual physicians and group practices (including single and multispecialty practices)
- Home health agencies
- Skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities
- Medical equipment manufacturers and providers
- Integrated delivery systems
- Continuing care retirement communities
- Dentists and dental practices
- Other healthcare practitioners and ancillary providers
Sound Legal Advice in Transactional Matters
We are ideally equipped to represent our healthcare clients in transactional matters with specific hands on experience in:
- For-profit and non-profit entity formation and structure
- Joint ventures
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Contracting and licensing
- Land use, real estate and construction (purchase, sale, leasing, project development, etc.)
- Tax planning
Keeping You in Compliance and Assisting in Disputes
Regulatory compliance is easier said than done, but it’s so important to your bottom line. Too many healthcare providers inadvertently fall into the trap of noncompliance, usually because they didn’t have comprehensive advice beforehand.
It is critical that you and your organization be able to stay abreast of the fast-changing laws and regulations in your industry. Likewise, you must stay vigilant in anticipating potential gaps in compliance and addressing them before a violation or liability arises.
The Rogers Towers Healthcare Practice Group is able not only to keep you in compliance but also to provide aggressive representation for clients who are targeted for alleged noncompliance.
In fact, we have substantial experience representing clients in a full range of federal and state regulatory issues including:
- Fraud and abuse (including Qui Tam and government investigations and enforcement actions)
- Professional licensure applications and defense
- Medical staff privileges (including peer review and credentialing)
- Comprehensive advice regarding state and regulatory compliance
- Coverage, overpayment, and reimbursement issues under Medicare and Medicaid
- Personal injury and medical malpractice litigation
- General business disputes
- Administrative and other litigation matters
- Employment and immigration matters
- Shareholder agreements, noncompetition agreements, and other restrictive covenants
Get Thorough Advice from Our Florida Healthcare Attorneys
If you are in the healthcare industry, few things are more important than having smart, strategic, and attentive legal counsel on your side.