Venture Capital and Private Equity
The lawyers in our Venture Capital and Private Equity Practice Group have extensive experience representing individual investors, private equity firms, venture capital firms and companies of all sizes in financings, investments and acquisitions of companies at all stages of the entity life cycle. Our Venture Capital and Private Equity Practice Group lawyers understand the nuanced world of complex venture capital and private equity transactions and are well-equipped to guide our clients through these matters.
As a full-service law firm, our multi-disciplinary approach to venture capital and private equity transactions allows us to draw on the knowledge of our corporate, M&A, real estate, litigation, intellectual property, employment and environmental experts during the due diligence phase of the transaction and to structure and review complicated venture capital and private equity transactions with an eye towards a potential exit event.
We have substantial experience in a number of venture capital and private equity disciplines, including:
- Representing both public and private companies in capital raises, from venture investments in early stage companies through mezzanine financing and late stage funding;
- Structuring majority buyouts and minority investment stakes;
- Buy and sell-side mergers and acquisitions;
- Going private transactions;
- Representing hedge funds, fund-of-funds, registered investment advisors and other investment funds and vehicles;
- Registering securities with state agencies and the SEC;
- Regulation D offerings, filings and compliance;
- Rule 144 compliance; and
- SEC filings and securities compliance.
Our Venture Capital and Private Equity Practice Group lawyers have a deep rooted commitment to understanding our clients’ business goals and objectives.
Whether you are looking to acquire a majority or minority stake in a company, are a first-time or experienced hedge fund or fund of funds operator, are an early or late stage investor in a middle market company or fall anywhere in between, the lawyers in our Venture Capital and Private Equity Practice Group are ready to guide you through the investment and capital raising process.