Mr. Chritton routinely represents lenders and borrowers in senior loans secured by inventory, receivables and other business assets. Mr. Chritton also practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities and venture capital transactions.
- Represented administrative agent and collateral agent in complex commercial loan financings, including loans to insurance companies, railroads and regional grocery chains.
- Counsel for administrative agent, collateral agent and consortium of European banks in $680 million Port of Miami Tunnel infrastructure project.
- Assisted lenders both within and outside Florida in mezzanine loan transactions in leveraged buy-outs and commercial real estate developments.
- Counsel in “bridge financing” of magazine publisher/internet content-provider in period preceding issuer’s public offering.
- Counsel for investor group which secured NFL football team for Jacksonville.
- Florida counsel in $1 billion restructuring of real estate and transportation company.
- Represented management in leveraged buy-out of railway engineering firm.
- Counsel for $500 million securities hedge fund.
- Extensive experience in public offerings, “going private” transactions and leveraged buy-outs during several years of practice with Wall Street law firm in New York City.
- Duke University, A.B., 1978
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1982
Bar Association Memberships
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y.
Awards and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Banking and Finance Law; Mergers & Acquisitions Law), 2009-2013, 2016-2020
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite” (Business Law), 2010, 2011
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite” (Banking and Financial), 2017
Professional and Community Involvement
- Contributing Editor, Contemporary Corporate Forms, Aspen Publishing
- Past Chairman, Corporate-Banking Section, Jacksonville Bar Association