John A. Delaney is a shareholder in Rogers Towers’ Governmental and Regulatory Law Department. He specializes in the areas of Government Relations, Land Use, Higher Education and General Civil Litigation.
Prior to joining Rogers Towers, Mr. Delaney served as President of the University of North Florida for 15 years. Prior to that, he served as Mayor of the City of Jacksonville. Before serving as mayor, Mr. Delaney was chief assistant state attorney and general counsel for the city. He also served as interim chancellor of the State University System of Florida.
- University of Florida, B. A.
- University of Florida School of Law, J.D.
Bar Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
Awards and Distinctions
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Commercial Litigation), 2020
- Florida Trend Magazine's "Florida 500", 2018-2019
Professional and Community Involvement
- University of Florida Health System Board of Directors
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Chair
- Jacksonville Civic Council (Founding Board) – current
- Episcopal School of Jacksonville Board of Directors
- Beaches Episcopal School (Chairman of the Board)
- Episcopal School of Jacksonville Foundation – current
- Hospice North East Florida Board of Directors
- JaxCares, Inc. Board of Directors
- Urban Land Institute’s Committee for Regional Cooperation Board
- Alliance for World Class Education Board of Directors
- Super Bowl Host Committee Board of Directors
- Institute for Human and Machine Cognition Board of Directors
- North Florida School (Developmentally Disabled Students), Board
- Florida Campus Compact, Board and Chair
- Volunteers in Medicine, Board – current
- HEAL (Heal Autism), Board
- YMCA, Board
- Tiger Academy, Board
- Nature Conservancy, Board – Florida
- Teach for America, Board – Florida
- Florida Council of 100