Mark S. Mitchell, Shareholder
Mark Mitchell’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, with emphasis on insolvency matters, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy. He represents creditors and borrowers in a variety of financially distressed matters, including bankruptcies, loan workouts, financial restructurings, commercial foreclosures and receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and judgment enforceability actions. Mr. Mitchell routinely represents parties in bankruptcy cases (Chapters 7, 9, 11, 12 and 13) and adversary proceedings, including secured and unsecured lenders, bankruptcy trustees, creditor committees and debtors. Additionally, Mr. Mitchell represents court-appointed receivers, assignors and assignees in assignments for the benefit of creditors and other insolvency fiduciaries.
Previous Professional Memberships
Prior to joining Rogers Towers, Mr. Mitchell was an associate at the law firm of Akerman Senterfitt in Jacksonville, Florida, from 2006 to 2011. After graduating law school, Mr. Mitchell served as a law clerk to the Honorable George L. Proctor, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Middle District of Florida, from 2004 through 2006.
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Seminar, Enforceability of Waivers of the Automatic Stay, August 2015
- Presenter, IMN Florida Banking Conference, Obtaining and Enforcing Deficiency Judgments, February 2015
- Presenter, Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar “Boot Camp”, Piercing Trusts in Bankruptcy, November, 2014
- Presenter, Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Seminar, Credit Bidding in Chapter 11, August 2014
- Presenter, IMN Florida Banking Conference, Maximizing Monetary Return from Financially Distressed Borrowers, February, 2014
- Presenter, Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Seminar, Discovery in Bankruptcy: Contested Matters and Adversary Proceedings, October 2013
- Presenter, IMN Florida Banking Conference, Enforcing Personal Guaranties, February, 2013
- Author, The Florida Bar Journal, “Recent Changes to Florida’s Wage Garnishment Exemption”, November, 2012
- Presenter, MoneyWise Week, Bankruptcy and Asset Protection, May, 2012
- Presenter, Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Seminar, Cram-Down in Chapter 11 Business and Consumer Cases, October, 2011
- Author, The Florida Bar Newsletter, State-to-State, “Taxing Asset Sales in Chapter 11”, Spring 2010