Ms. Worman is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and a former Chair of the firm’s Construction Group. Ms. Worman brings more than 20 years of experience to helping clients resolve disputes in Florida’s increasingly litigious construction industry. Since joining the firm in 1993, she has built solid relationships while representing clients in matters ranging from construction defects to insurance coverage disputes. As a Board Certified Construction Lawyer, Ms. Worman is an expert in construction litigation and commercial litigation. Her experience includes client representation in premises liability claims, road construction, insurance and other complex matters. Clients seek her knowledge in these areas as well as other high-stakes, multi-party commercial cases due to her proven performance in effectively navigating complex disputes.
Ms. Worman also has deep courtroom experience, representing plaintiffs and defendants in arbitration as well as bench and jury trials. Although her primary practice area is construction, she also represents clients in other litigation matters such as commercial disputes, personal injury and medical malpractice defense.
A problem-solver by nature, Ms. Worman is an advocate for sharing information early on and having face-to-face meetings with opposing counsel to resolve issues as cost-effectively as possible. Clients and peers enjoy working with her because she treats everyone with respect while maintaining a laser focus on the needs of her clients and aggressively advocating for their interests.
- Successfully defended against a $50 million dollar wrongful death negligent security claim in a three-week jury trial
- Defended her client in a large arbitration case where millions of dollars were at stake and the plaintiff walked away with only a few thousand in damage.
- University of West Florida, B.A., 1987
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 1993
Bar Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association (Construction Law Forum)
- Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar
Awards and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Stetson University Law Review
- Florida Super Lawyers® (Construction Litigation), 2009-2019
- Jacksonville Super Lawyers® “Top 25,” 2019
- Florida Super Lawyers® "Top 50 Women," 2016
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite” (Construction), 2012-2014, 2016, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Construction Law), 2018-2020
- 2018 Jacksonville Business Journal "Women of Influence"
Professional and Community Involvement
- Master, Chester Bedell Inn of Court
- Member, Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions in Civil Cases
- Charter Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA)
- Past Member, Board of Governors, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Past President, Young Lawyers Section, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Past Member, Fourth Judicial Circuit, Fee Arbitration Committee
- Member, Class of 2004, Selection Committee, Leadership Jacksonville
- Past Member, General Counsel, Board of Governors, Junior League of Jacksonville
- Community Advisory Board, WJCT Public Broadcasting Station
- Project Chair, Florida Department of Children and Families
- Project Chair, I.M. Sulzbacher Center for the Homeless