Mr. Hieb is Chairman of Rogers Towers’ Business and Tax Department. He practices in the areas of federal, state and local taxation and the structuring, operation, reorganization, acquisition and disposition of partnerships, corporations and other business and professional entities.
- Assists clients in the structuring of and the tax planning for business and investment opportunities and in that connection drafts a wide variety of business- related agreements including partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, merger agreements and the like.
- Represents clients in connection with the tax planning and structuring of real estate investments and the subsequent disposition of the same.
- Represents individuals and entities (both closely and non-closely held) in connection with business reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, sales, exchanges and succession planning.
- Provides advice and represents clients in connection with tax audits and disputes relating to federal income and state tax matters including sales and use tax, intangibles tax and documentary stamp tax.
- Mercer University, B.S. cum laude, 1979
- Mercer University, J.D. magna cum laude, 1982
Bar Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section
- State Bar of Georgia
Awards and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers® (Tax), 2012, 2013
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite” (Tax), 2010
- The Best Lawyers in America® (International Mergers & Acquisitions; Tax Law), 2018-2020
- Best Lawyers® Jacksonville Tax Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2019
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Rotary Club of Jacksonville