Mr. Scheu practices principally in the areas of real estate and real estate related business transactions, with an emphasis on shopping center and office building acquisition, development and leasing. Mr. Scheu is also a certified circuit civil mediator and is knowledgeable in state and federal election law.
- Represents a publicly held real estate investment trust in the acquisition, development and leasing of shopping centers and office buildings throughout the Eastern U.S.
- Represents a regional national bank in the acquisition, management, leasing and disposition of its banking and other properties throughout the State of Florida.
- Examines titles to real property for prospective owners and title insurers.
- Represents national retailers in the acquisition and leasing of stores in Florida.
- University of the South A.B. cum laude, 1967
- University of Florida College of Law J.D. with honors, 1970
Bar Association Memberships
Awards and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Prize for Civic Engagement, The Community Foundation in Jacksonville, 2014
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite” (Real Estate Transactions), 2008, 2010
- Florida Super Lawyers® (Real Estate), 2006-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Real Estate Law), 2009-2014, 2016-2020
- Order of the Coif
- Lawyer of the Year Award, Financial News and Jacksonville Bar, 1992, 2005
- Silver Medallion Humanitarian Award, National Conference of Christians and Jews, 1995
- “Twelve Who Care” Award, Gannett/Channel 12, 1994
- Unity in Diversity Award, Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is, 1994
- Equal Opportunity Award, Jacksonville Urban League, 1993
- New York Marathon Finisher, 1980
- Associate Editor, University of Florida Law Review, 1970
Professional and Community Involvement
- Supervisor of Elections, 2004 Election, Duval County, Florida
- Ruling Elder, Sunday School Teacher, Riverside Presbyterian Church
- Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, Sulzbacher Center for the Homeless
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Columbia Theological Seminary
- Chair, Board of Directors, Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida
- Board of Directors, Past President, Jacksonville Community Council, Inc.
- Board of Trustees, Jacksonville Public Libraries
- Board of Directors, Housing Partnership of Northeast Florida, Inc.
- Chair, The Community Foundation, 2004-2005
- General Counsel, Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, 1991
- Member, Leadership Jacksonville
- Member, Rotary Club of West Jacksonville