Mr. Hazelip is part of the Litigation Department and has been with the firm for more than 35 years. The primary focus of his practice is the litigation and trial of civil jury and non-jury lawsuits.
- Lead trial counsel representing professional golf tour in defense of wage/hour claims asserted by tour rules officials. Mutch, et al v. PGA TOUR, Inc., Case No.: 3:04-cv-97-J-25TEM, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
- Lead trial counsel representing apartment complex in defense of negligent security claim arising out of shooting death in parking lot. Young v. Vestcor Fund XIV, Ltd, Case No. 2011-CA-270, 4th Judicial Circuit, Duval County, Florida.
- Lead trial counsel representing contractor/engineer in defense of highway death claims. Lytle, et al v. Russell Engineering, Inc., et al, Case No.:01-2005-CA-1775, 8th Judicial Circuit, Alachua County, Florida.
- Lead trial counsel representing trucking company in claims arising out of re-surfacing of terminal facility. Southern Pavements, LLC. V. Great Southern Peterbilt, Inc., et al, Case No. 16-2004-CA-7841, 4th Judicial Circuit, Duval County, Florida.
- Lead litigation counsel in products liability claim on behalf of police officer against manufacturer of Electronic Control Device. Reston v. Taser Int’l, Inc., et al, Case No. 16-2009-CA-6223, 4th Judicial Circuit, Duval County, Florida.
- Lead trial counsel in representation of large hotelier in state discrimination claim. Mahoney v. Maryland Hospitality, Inc., Case No. 3904, Court of Common Pleas, Trial Division, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Lead litigation counsel in thrift bailout litigation involving professional negligence claims against international accounting firm. Resolution Trust Corporation v. Peat Marwick Main & Co., In The Circuit Court, Fourth Judicial Circuit, In And For Duval County, Florida, Case No. 89-08548-CA; Division CV-L.
- Lead litigation counsel representing shopping center owner in hazard insurance claims against large insurers arising out of destruction of shopping center by sinkhole. Shanri Holdings Corp, Inc. v. Travelers Property Insurance Corp., et al, Case No.: 3:06-cv-537-J-TEM, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
- Lead trial counsel representing large airport concessionaire in defense of federal employment claims. Perry v . Host Marriott Corporation, et al, Case No.: 96-1190-cv-J-20, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.