Land Use, Zoning and Concurrency
Our attorneys provide representation to landowners, developers, businesses, lenders, buyers, and investors in all aspects of development and governmental entitlements.
We work directly with our clients and outside experts as needed — engineers, planners, architects, etc. — to better understand our clients’ opportunities and needs. We help clients develop a practical strategy for addressing regulatory requirements and for obtaining the permits, authorizations, and approvals necessary to effectuate their precise business goals.
Our lawyers regularly appear before appointed and elected bodies on behalf of our clients. And, when necessary, they also represent clients in litigation and special magistrate proceedings challenging governmental actions.
Common issues in this area include:
- Land use planning
- Growth management
- Concurrency / mobility
- Protection of private property rights
- Sign regulations
- Land use litigation
- Bert J. Harris, Jr. Private Property Rights challenges
- Federal & state takings claims
- Florida land use and environmental dispute resolution procedures
- Developments of regional impacts & other large scale developments
Beyond assisting clients with their planning, zoning, permitting, platting, and development needs, the Rogers Towers Government and Regulatory Group also provides zealous representation in appellate and administrative litigation proceedings related to those activities.
Our goal is to serve as a singular, comprehensive source for all of our clients’ needs related to land use law, litigation and counsel.
Land Use Litigation
The Rogers Towers Government and Regulatory Group represents years of experience in this highly nuanced area of law. Our record of success includes:
- Appeals from and challenges to local government decisions before the Florida circuit courts, initiated by petitions for certiorari to those courts
- Administrative hearings regarding local governmental decisions and environmental permits before the Division of Administrative Hearings
- Challenges to local ordinances and regulatory takings on Constitutional grounds in the Florida circuit courts
- Litigation of civil rights violations that affect land use interests pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983
- In any of these proceedings, the Land Use Practice Group is able to represent clients as either plaintiff/petitioner or respondent/defendant.
- When necessary, this practice group can also connect and collaborate with the Rogers Towers Commercial Litigation and Appellate Attorneys departments to ensure our clients receive the most effective and comprehensive representation possible.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Land Use, Zoning and Concurrency Attorneys