Mr. Lufkin is a member of Rogers Towers’ Labor and Employment department. Mr. Lufkin practices in all aspects of labor and employment law and represents employers in agency investigations, state and federal single-plaintiff actions, class and collective actions and arbitrations involving issues such as harassment, discrimination, retaliation, constructive discharge, restrictive covenants, wage claims and breach of contract actions. Additionally, he advises employers on a variety of personnel issues, including hiring processes and screening, discharge and separation matters, compliance with wage and hour laws, discrimination laws, family and medical and disability leave laws, and developing personnel policies and procedures. In the area of labor law, Mr. Lufkin counsels public and private sector employers on legal matters involving union-company relations.
- Represented public-sector employers in binding arbitration matters involving employee discipline and interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreement provisions.
- Represented public-sector employers in employee termination appeal matters before the appointed State and local governing bodies.
- Prevailed at trial court and before appellate court and Florida Supreme Court in matter involving arbitrator exceeding contractually established authority, resulting in modification of arbitration award favorable to public-sector client.
- Served as counsel and helped guide clients in various industries through federal Department of Labor investigations related to alleged unpaid minimum wages, miscalculated overtime, and tip allocation issues.
- Served as trial counsel for a worldwide Fortune 500 company and obtained summary judgment in client’s favor in case involving claims of unlawful race discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Prevailed in arbitration of former employee's claim of unpaid overtime and successfully obtained an award and judgment in client’s favor.
- Worked with client on complex reorganization of executive level management and corresponding employment and separation agreements.
- Rowan University, B.A., 2003
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2006
Bar Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar: Member, Labor and Employment Section; Member, Trial Lawyers Section; Labor & Employment Law NLRB and PERC Liaison Committee; Education Law Committee
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Community Involvement
- Society for Human Resource Management